Tips, Tricks and a short manual about my installation of linux (fedora core 1) on a dell inspiron 510m
Due to the size of the documentation written during the installation I decided to split the document into sections as follows:
- Partitioning & Operating System
- Power Managment
- Other Connectors
- Migration to Kernel 2.6
The following sites offer a huge collection of installation reports for linux on a laptop. For me they were invaluable.
- 2005-03-24: modem is working
- 2004-08-06: bluetooth, modem
- 2004-08-06: How to use an external monitor.
- 2004-06-17: Updated ndiswrapper installation, added 855Resolution to the XFree86 section, added software suspend to disk to the Kernel 2.6 section
- 2004-03-09: Updated section other connectors.
- 2004-03-01: Updated modem, kernel 2.6, Xfree86 and syncronization
- 2004-02-26: Added multimedia, wlan and modem
- 2004-02-25-1: Added Kernel 2.4.25 section
- 2004-02-25: Documentation split into mutliple sections; Partitioning, OS, XFree86 done; power managment mostly done;
- 2004-02-23: Installation begins
Just a personal list of items still to be done