Some issues encountered while testing Plone 4
- Visual editing with TinyMCE: Inserting a thumbnail of an image while automatically adding a link to the image (full size or just /view) needs two or three manual steps. This could be changed – possibly – in ploneimage.js
- TinyMCE: Adding an object statement manually via the html code will also add some showave/flash statement which I do not want if I create an embedded slideshow.
- The batchi size used for the thumbnail view is not configurable via site properties, see these bugs: #8115, #11201
- prettyPhoto, see: this bug report (rejected), this bug report (solved)
- Content Rules are great! Really.
Note: If Plone Captchas is expected to be used with Plone Comments http://quintagroup.com/services/plone-development/products/plone-comments, for proper behavior you have to install Plone Captchas first, and then Plone Comments.
General Upate Procedure
- Update builout via “your python”/bootstrap.py
- Change extends line in buildout.cfg to new version
- Run buildout
- Fix any errors
Update to Plone 4.1 – Notes
- Needs removal of quintagroup captcha
- Which means that the comment has to go to plone.app.discussion and collective.recaptcha and begs the questions about comment migration
- Shouts about missing ssl module in my /opt/Plone4/../python2.6
therefore needs to be reistalled via the install script?